Biography – Mahmood Daylami Secretary General Gulf Aluminium Council Over forty years of work experience in all aspects of the Aluminium industry. Prior to joining the Gulf Aluminium Council, held the position of Deputy Chief Executive Officer at Aluminium Bahrain (ALBA).
Moderator: SESSION: Investment
Is it Survival of the Bravest? How can we increase prospects of investments in the world of green and low carbon aluminium?
All Sessions by Mahmood Daylami
Investment | Is it Survival of the Bravest? How can we increase prospects of investments in the world of green and low carbon aluminium?
- Let's look at the world map - what is the status quo? Where are the big investments in aluminium smelters happening around the world? Are there any new smelters being commissioned?
- What are Investors' priorities in terms of return of investment? What are the elements that need to be considered for investing in new smelters or pursuing expansions? Is the current risk vs. reward balance against investment?
- What about inert anode? Hydroelectricity? Green Aluminium? Carbon capture and storage? What are the key prospects to opening new capacity or upgrading existing plants?
- Are there limitations from governments about energy consumption limits that affect the aluminium business investment decisions?
- Can existing smelters survive if they do not invest in green aluminium?
- Do investors see more value in investing in primary smelting? upstream? downstream?
- How can we better manage investors risks?