Sandro Starita is the Sustainability Director of European Aluminium, the voice of the European
aluminium industry, which he joined in 2008.
Over the years he has been supporting member companies in their journey towards ambitious
sustainability goals in a broad range of areas including EHS, energy and climate, and representing the
sector vis-à-vis key policy makers and stakeholders.
His current focus is on the sector’s decarbonisation towards the mid-century targets, and the role of
aluminium in the transition towards a more sustainable future.
Keynote Speaker and Panelist: SESSION: Governance and Sustainability
When the Public Demands Answers How is aluminium making the world a better place?
All Sessions by Sandro Starita
- Our role as responsible corporate citizens: Are we making a difference? What needs to be reformed?
- Is the industry driving and educating the public about climate change and the need for recycling?
- Is the average consumer aware of the environmental issues in the aluminium industry? Are they aware of the industry striving to reduce and eliminate its carbon footprint? Or is there a gap between industry and the public perception or public awareness? If yes how can we breach the gap?
- The role of public communication and the importance to respond to public queries. Who's job is it?
- What is the role of the Media? How transparent can we be as an industry with the public?
- Will the average consumer contribute to a better environment by buying aluminium products? What do we need to do to contribute positively to the public?
- When the public wakes up and demands answers, are we ready and proud to say we have achieved optimum environmental goals in face of what the world expects from us?
- Are we doing enough in terms of cooperation and working for the common good or are we still working in silos?