Nancy Gillis is the Programme Head of the First Movers Coalition at the World Economic Forum focused on leveraging private sector purchasing power to draw forward the innovative technologies necessary to achieve transformative decarbonization of current hard-to-abate sectors. Prior to joining the Forum, Nancy was the CEO of the Global Electronics Council (GEC) and before that she served as the Global Lead for Resilient and Responsible Supply Chains at EY. During the Obama Administration, Nancy was the Director of the Federal Supply Chain Office at the General Services Administration (GSA), the public procurement agency for the US government, where she was responsible for the inclusion of sustainability criteria in approximately $45 Billion of procurements. Nancy received her graduate degree in Information Technology from Georgetown University.
Main Guest Speaker: Conference Opening
All Sessions by Nancy Gillis
Welcome Speech and Opening Remarks
Opening Remarks by AZ Global Consulting MD
- Time has come to reset our industry after all the detours, distractions, disruptions, inflations, shortages and imbalances of recent months and years.
- Our targets and commitments haven't changed, so this conference is to set us back on track to move towards our vision and what we want to achieve.
- We need to be ahead of the game.
- We cannot go back to the way things were. We need to be flexible to deal with parameters which are not in our control, and scenarios that once were inconceivable, but are now a reality.
- Are we ready to deal with the Black Swans? Are we putting the right contingency plans for the long term? Old contingency models are now obsolete.
- How can we reset and reshape the industry: Re-energise, restart, reinvent and revolutionize for profitability and sustainability and contribute to a better World?
- We bring you this conference where the industry leaders from around the globe will jointly explore the solutions we can execute together.