John Forbes Kerry is an American attorney, politician and diplomat who is the first United States special presidential envoy for climate. A member of the Forbes family and the Democratic Party, he served as the 68th United States secretary of state from 2013 to 2017 under Barack Obama. Kerry came to public attention as a decorated naval officer and Vietnam veteran turned anti-war activist. He went on to become a county prosecutor and then Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts, before serving as United States Senator from Massachusetts from 1985 to 2013. He was the Democratic nominee for President of the United States in the 2004 election, losing to incumbent President George W. Bush.
Main Guest Speaker: Conference Opening
All Sessions by John Forbes Kerry
Welcome Speech and Opening Remarks
Opening Remarks by AZ Global Consulting MD
- Time has come to reset our industry after all the detours, distractions, disruptions, inflations, shortages and imbalances of recent months and years.
- Our targets and commitments haven't changed, so this conference is to set us back on track to move towards our vision and what we want to achieve.
- We need to be ahead of the game.
- We cannot go back to the way things were. We need to be flexible to deal with parameters which are not in our control, and scenarios that once were inconceivable, but are now a reality.
- Are we ready to deal with the Black Swans? Are we putting the right contingency plans for the long term? Old contingency models are now obsolete.
- How can we reset and reshape the industry: Re-energise, restart, reinvent and revolutionize for profitability and sustainability and contribute to a better World?
- We bring you this conference where the industry leaders from around the globe will jointly explore the solutions we can execute together.