Curt Woodworth is a Director covering the US Metals & Mining and Paper and Packaging sectors. Curt has been recognized in the Institutional Investor survey for the last two years. Prior to Credit Suisse, Curt worked at Nomura where he was lead analyst for Americas Metals & Mining Equity Research from 2011-2015. Prior to Nomura, Curt was lead analyst for the US Metals & Mining Equity Research Team at Macquarie Securities based in New York from 2008-2011. Curt started his career at JP Morgan in 1999 working with the Institutional Investor #1 ranked US Metals & Mining Team and was a Senior Analyst at JP Morgan covering SMID Industrials and E&C from 2004-2008 Curt received a BA from Boston College in 1999 and became a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) in 2002. He has been recognized for his analytical work by Institutional Investor Magazine as well as Greenwich Associates.
2022 Outlook – Aggressive Destock / Covid Demand Hit to Fade by 2Q and Demand Outlook Solid
AA: Downgrade to Neutral as Aluminum Markets to Gradually Rebalance in 2H-22 and Valuation Fair
US Packaging Initiation: Packaging Should Deliver Safe Haven Outperformance in 2022; Phase II of Coverage Ramp Bullish AMBP, SEE, & OI
Copper Price at Risk as Inflation Fears Abate and China Demand Slows; Downgrade FCX and FM
Don’t Stop Believing…. US Steel Renaissance To Continue as Demand Cycle Looks Strong
Panelist: SESSION: Investment
Is it Survival of the Bravest? How can we increase prospects of investments in the world of green and low carbon aluminium?
All Sessions by Curt Woodworth
- Let's look at the world map - what is the status quo? Where are the big investments in aluminium smelters happening around the world? Are there any new smelters being commissioned?
- What are Investors' priorities in terms of return of investment? What are the elements that need to be considered for investing in new smelters or pursuing expansions? Is the current risk vs. reward balance against investment?
- What about inert anode? Hydroelectricity? Green Aluminium? Carbon capture and storage? What are the key prospects to opening new capacity or upgrading existing plants?
- Are there limitations from governments about energy consumption limits that affect the aluminium business investment decisions?
- Can existing smelters survive if they do not invest in green aluminium?
- Do investors see more value in investing in primary smelting? upstream? downstream?
- How can we better manage investors risks?