Mr. Bibhu Mishra is head of Manufacturing Centre of Excellence at Hindalco Industries Limited. He is a veteran in Aluminium and Power industry with a rich experience of over 35 years.
Prior to joining Hindalco Industries, Mr. Mishra served as Chief Operating Officer at Bharat Aluminium Company (BALCO) heading their overall operations of Plant. His earlier assignments also include BHP Billiton for start-up and commissioning of Mozal 1&2 plants at Mozambique, Aluminium Bahrain (ALBA), National Aluminium Company (NALCO) and Aditya Aluminium, Greenfield project commissioning.
Mr. Mishra is a Metallurgical Engineer from National Institute of Technology - Rourkela and he also holds MBA Degree in HR Management and Negotiations from Heriot Watt Edinburg Business School.
Panelist: SESSION: Technology and Application
Vision without Execution is Hallucination: How can we move from targets to execution? From commitment and planning to action and results?
All Sessions by Bibhu Mishra
- To deploy new technology we need to mainly consider: Capital, Operating cost, and Operational skills among others. Where do we stand on each? What are the implications in the real world?
- Will the performance be as good as it is being marketed? What is the transition from invention to commercial use? What are the timelines we are looking for?
- What do operations people need in order to get the best out of new technology? How to take technology to the next level in terms of efficiency, lean manufacturing, increase productivity and improve performance on initial results? Are processes and protocols in place for the next wave of R&D?
- How can academia and R&D take us to the next level of performance? What specializations are needed? Is academia in the loop as an active partner? Are they shaping the minds of future generations to lead the operations and address the needs of the industry?
- How can we deploy Industry 4.0 to help our industry reach our operational goals?
- The industry relies on Automation to eliminate mundane tasks as well as improve safety where operators are in the line of fire and the need for human intervention. Can we optimize Automation in new technologies?
- How to ensure that we can streamline supply chain and responsible sourcing? How to balance strategic supply imperatives with cost reduction, just-in-time sourcing and logistics for raw material?
- What else can procurement people do to maximize profitability? In terms of logistics, transportation, taxes, and supply versus demand?